8 April 2010

I can see the ground!

At last the snow has melted and the soft ground that lies underneath, can be touched again. The very first time I set foot on the soil this year, felt relly strange at first, but after a few training sessions I've already gotten used to the good old feeling.

Photo: First start of the season

I had no real expectations before this seasons kick-off last weekend. The competition consisted of
a 12,7 km mass start long distance and a 6 km middle distance race. To tell you the truth, on the first day I felt like I had runner's block - I was breathing through a straw and my shoelaces were tied to eachother. Furthermore, the map in my hand was quite useless since I didn't bother to read it very often and made several mistakes. I came out 6th, about 4 minutes after Peeter Pihl. It was good to see that my good friends and opponents are in quite good shape though, this only rejoices me. I hope to see strong races from them on this seasons big events!
Routes and results
On the second day, the forest was more friendy to me and so was my body, though it was still very difficult to move fast and tolerate the intensity. Surely, I was not the only one to experience this feeling, I am more than sure of that. Despite a small mist
ake in the beginning, I made a rather clean race and even won the stage. My overall place was 3rd, just 6 seconds behind Kenny Kivikas.
Routes (M21A) and results
When thinking of my past year's first starts, I wouldn't be worried about my condition right now. Springs have always been tough for me and afterall, it would be strange if I were in shape right now...


Photo: Finishing side first?

No comments:

Post a Comment